FutureBrand announce details of their award-winning collaboration with Coutts: refreshing the private bank’s positioning and visual identity to make the brand more accessible and relevant for a new generation of clients.
Design Director - FutureBrand LondonDaniela Meloni
Drawing inspiration from the precious Coutts archives, FutureBrand drew on the heritage of the Coutts family and the bank’s wider family of colleagues and clients past and present, using the creative idea ‘Welcome to the Family’ to imbue the brand with a new sense of warmth, relevance and accessibility. The new visual identity includes:
- Friendly and approachable ‘handwritten’ typography inspired by historic letters from the bank’s founders;
- New brand photography in the style of family portraits that put a contemporary twist on traditional family values;
- Bold graphic framing devices reminiscent of old family photo albums;
- A unique and unexpected colour palette, bringing a new vibrancy to the brand that stands it apart from competitors;
- A new treatment of the Coutts logo that incorporates vertical lines to symbolise a family tree.
By connecting Coutts’ rich heritage with a bold and surprising design aesthetic, FutureBrand has reinvented the bank for a new generation of clients and set a new benchmark in the private banking sector. The new identity will be rolled out across all print and digital touchpoints, including the brand’s website, magazine, stationery, and credit and debit cards.
View the full Case Study here.
Lead Brand Manager Wealth & Specialist Brands, RBS.Louise-Ann Peymani,