- View other case studies related to - Insights, Foresight and Trends
- View other case studies related to - Brand Purpose and Positioning
- View other case studies related to - Brand and Portfolio Architecture
- View other case studies related to - Visual and Verbal Identity
- View other case studies related to - Tone of Voice and Messaging
- View other case studies related to - Brand Guidelines
- View other case studies related to - Brand Management and Governance
- View other case studies related to - EVP and Employee Engagement
- View other case studies related to - Healthcare
- View other case studies related to - Paris
Coming together for one purpose and one identity
Growing from a series of acquisitions and mergers over the past 50 years, Sanofi has evolved into a diverse, multinational healthcare leader with a breadth of expertise in patient-centric solutions, scientific discovery and commitment to public health. However, the combination of numerous cultures and different brands resulted in a fragmented corporate identity that lacked coherence and modernity. FutureBrand was tasked with creating a new purpose and identity that could shift Sanofi’s brand perception from a traditional “big pharma” to a modern healthcare company.
FutureBrand designed an ambitious new brand, giving Sanofi one clear identity while sending a strong signal internally and externally about the company they strive to become. We talked to hundreds of internal and external stakeholders to develop the purpose: “We chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives”, which captures the emotional impact and outcome that a transformational medicine or vaccine can have for people. The new logo is a representation of Sanofi’s new purpose and ambition, inspired by the simple and motion-oriented codes of the tech industry. The two purple dots embody the company’s scientific journey between a starting point – the curiosity of questioning the status quo and wondering ‘What if?’ – and the ultimate goal – the discoveries that can unlock innovative solutions to impact people’s lives. To activate the new brand, FutureBrand also developed a tone of voice, signage and a brand launch film featuring the people of Sanofi. This brand transformation has been celebrated by a Transform Award and a German Design Award.
“Sanofi’s attitude is humble, authentic—and a little bit unconventional too. We believe that our new brand and logo carve out a unique space in the healthcare industry that perfectly represents our new purpose to chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives.”Josep Catlla, Head of Corporate Affairs at Sanofi
You may also like